[p2p-research] Re(interest, credit): [Commoning] Re(markets without capital?): new post

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 22:25:42 CEST 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 7:45 AM, Andreas Exner <andreas.exner at chello.at wrote:

> However, when I am talking about "the secondary nature
> of interest", I am refering to the logical secondariness of
> interest as compared to profit (interest is a part of profit,
> not the other way round).

> But the core point I wanted to make with respect to Michel:

> Interest is definitely NOT the cause or driver of the growth of capital.

> I do not know ANY argument for that.

The argument is that the more expensive independent access to credit
is for laborers, the more of a bargaining advantage they're placed at
vis a vis employers.  The cheaper independent access to credit is, the
more alternatives labor has for self-employment, and the more the
labor market becomes a sellers' market rather than a buyer's market.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism