[p2p-research] Re(interest, credit): [Commoning] Re(markets without capital?): new post

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 20:03:35 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Franz Nahrada <f.nahrada at reflex.at> wrote:
> Andreas, Michel,
>
> at least we should find a consensus that p2p economies might span
> *different* approaches -  to the agreement between the participating
> individuals.
>
> For me, all monetary forms of production (=with ex-post agreements) are
> somewhat contradictory and not necessarily at the centeroiece of what I
> want to see grow. But I respect all trials if they are somewhat
> intelligent and not based on wrong assumptions (like the worst that money
> could be used to measure  or represent labor - time)
>
> It seems that at least there must be a consensus that p2p economy *cannot*
> be totally identified with open money economies, and that there should be
> *equal consideration* for ex-post and ex-ante forms of social economic
> covenants.

Franz is right.

There is no useful way to use money to measure sharing that I can
think of, for instance. And, everything that happens in "p2p economy"
is not an exchange. Alternative currencies will are useful, but are
not the total answer.

A system of resource co-governance needs a way to recognize the nature
of the resource (rival, non-rival, excludable, non-excludable), which
then gives grounding for the logic about how it is tracked/measured.
It's as much a social dilemma as it is a technical problem.

> A last remark: there is no moral money without moratorium.
>
> all the best
>
> Franz

Sam Rose
Forward Foundation