[p2p-research] Some interesting findings about the print quality of several RepRaps.

Ryan rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 16:22:10 CEST 2010

  Sent to you by Ryan via Google Reader: Some interesting findings about
the print quality of several RepRaps. via Coded.be - RepRap by Batist
on 4/1/10

At the university College of Ghent we have done some printing tests. We
have been building several RepRap/Mendels now, and divide them
systematically in two categories.

- Alpha ones: These RepRaps are built with pieces of two or more
different RepRaps. Important to notice is that these machines do not
belong to the same tree. (These RepRaps doesn't have pieces printed by
the same parent.)
- Beta ones: These machines consist of pieces by only one parent. Or
worse, by pieces from RepRaps with a mutual parent. Findings:
- The Alpha RepRaps have very good prints. The quality is really
awesome! Some pictures:

- Far worse is the quality of the Beta ones:

Further research:
As from today the University College Ghent will have Peter Van
Ransbeeck doing his PhD on the subject of "Print quality of RepRap -
Purifying the RepRap tree", in dutch: "Raszuiverheid der RepRaps". He
will research these findings in greater detail.

If you have some information for us, please leave a note in the
comments. Or contact me at: Batist.leman [at] gmail.com. Any of your
results or findings could be very useful for us.

This is a very important issue, and we don't now the cause of this...
yet.

Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to Coded.be - RepRap using Google Reader
favorite sites