[p2p-research] Call for papers: A critical view on Peer-to-Peer energy production and distribution

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 12:28:20 CEST 2009

Via Vasilis Kostakis

URL = http://www.re-public.gr/en/?p=1399

Call for papers - p2p energy production and distribution

We invite contributions for our upcoming special issue entitled "A critical
view on Peer-to-Peer energy production and distribution".

It can be argued that a shift to a P2P-based, sustainable society would be
based on a set of inter-related infrastructures:

* A distributed communication and coordination infrastructure with tools for
more transparent governance.
* A distributed money infrastructure that might be based on open money
systems.
* A distributed agriculture and manufacturing infrastructure which has been
emerging with open design communities.
* Αnd last but not least, the energy production and distribution
infrastructure i.e. P2P energy: the ability to produce energy in a
sustainable way at a hyperlocal scale.

This issue aims to shed light on this dynamically evolving subject of P2P
energy production and distribution, and identify the challenges that lie
ahead. Hence, we are interested in any article that would discuss the
potential, the challenges and the applications of P2P alternative modes of
energy production and distribution.

Send your articles (around 1500 words) in odt or doc format to issue editor
Vasilis Kostakis at:

kostakis.b AT gmail.com

Deadline of submissions: 1 November 2009

--
Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: