[p2p-research] Fwd: - Film : SILENCE, ON VACCINE "/ "SHOTS IN THE DARK

Paul D. Fernhout pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com
Sun Sep 27 19:47:37 CEST 2009

Ryan Lanham wrote:
> Hi Michel,
>
> Respectful Insolence is a major pro-vaccine site...and compelling (at least
> to me)...it is sometimes called "Orac"
>
> http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2009/02/best_pro-vaccine_commercial_ever.php
>
> The whole scienceblogs community is very pro-vaccine and they have great fun
> lampooning the Hollywood types who often come out linking vaccines to
> autism, etc.

An article about bias on scienceblogs:
"“Science”Blogs: Seed Media’s Aggressive Weed"
http://www.ageofautism.com/2009/09/scienceblogs-seed-medias-aggressive-weed.html
"""
Curious about Seed Media Group’s funding sources, ...
"""

Does this science blogs controversy remind me a little of the astroturfing
about how bad Canadian health care supposedly is?

"Defending Canada's Health Care: Truths and Lies"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jack-layton/defending-canadas-health_b_248212.html

"Americans Who've Used Canada's Health-Care System Respond to Current
Big-Lie Media Campaign"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-mann/americans-whove-used-cana_b_215256.html

So much money is at stake, and so much cultural bias is involved (especially
as regards elitism), that it's hard to know who to believe.

--Paul Fernhout
http://www.pdfernhout.net/