[p2p-research] Rhetoric of Rationing Health Care Overlooks Reality - NYTimes.com

Paul D. Fernhout pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com
Sun Sep 27 18:56:37 CEST 2009

Paul D. Fernhout wrote:
> A google search I posted two days ago:
>  http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=vaccine+conflicts+of+interest
> "Results 1 - 10 of about 383,000 for vaccine conflicts of interest.
> (0.12 seconds)"
>
> Wow -- just two days ago there were only 222,000 matches. (See my
> patches...".) So, almost double the matches in two days. Wonder if this
> is just a technical artifact of something about Google? Or does it show
> rapid exponential growth?
>
> I'll be curious if this number changes in a couple of days.

I made a mistake here. The previous search I did was on "conflict" singular,
not "conflicts", plural.

This is the same search as last time:
   http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=vaccine+conflict+of+interest
"Results 1 - 10 of about 261,000 for vaccine conflict of interest. (0.11
seconds) "

The number has gone up by 20% in two days (from 222,000 to 261,000), not
doubled. Sorry. So, not as much of a trend as I posted on (about seven times
slower were it to keep up at that rate).

--Paul Fernhout
http://www.pdfernhout.net/