[p2p-research] "Networking in Everyday Life" - information overload

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 19:11:22 CEST 2009

Hi Ryan,

I d agree with you.

I also wrote this in post scriptum...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dante-Gabryell Monson <dante.monson at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 4:57 PM
Subject: "Networking in Everyday Life" - information overload

ps: i guess the problem that Danah raises may also come from "having to do"
things... ?

If you do not "have to" do things, such problems do not arise as much ?

I guess its more challenging when there is the expectation of feedback...

Perhaps opening up the system, and enabling "distributed feedback" potential
can take away such load... enabling the community filtering of information (
some already call this collective intelligence ? ) ...

while also making it easier for anyone to find answers by themselves...

A shift in culture, of constant filtering... and constant datamining...
... constant contextual aggregation ...

I personally like the threads approach in Gmail... I also like the search
box tool in Gmail...

I could imagine that in the future, we could have systems that could make
threads from all apparently related information ? including all media ?

and then reposition it through visualization tools of our choice ...

I guess google is working on it ( or possibly soon buying companies that do
)

such as with

http://wave.google.com/

http://tables <goog_1253725362868>.google
<goog_1253725362868>labs.com/<goog_1253725362868>
<http://tables.googlelabs.com/%20>

perhaps also plexnet might offer such solutions ?

http://www.espians.com/plexnet.html