[p2p-research] NATO proposes new era of cooperation with Russia | Reuters

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 20:06:03 CEST 2009

On 9/18/09, Paul D. Fernhout <pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com> wrote:
> Some good news about working towards "mutual security":
>
> http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSLI21500820090918
>  "NATO proposed a new era of cooperation with the United States and Russia
> on Friday, calling for joint work on missile defense systems after
> Washington scrapped a planned anti-missile system."
>
>  Predictably, Obama's critics who seem to know nothing about cybernetics
> (see previous note) and how to deal with positive feedback loops driving
> arms race are critical of this.

I hope it's also evidence the global "hyperpower" is beginning to
retrench from its previous overextension, and countries around the
world are adjusting to the new realities.  We've already seen Latin
America swept by independent movements not under Washington's thumbs,
for the first time in many decades, and Washington powerless to stop
it because it was tied down on the other side of the world.  One
continent down, five to go.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism