[p2p-research] Jimmy Wales on the (Encyclopedic) Value of Sharing

Ryan rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 22:51:16 CEST 2009

  Sent to you by Ryan via Google Reader: Jimmy Wales on the
(Encyclopedic) Value of Sharing via GOOD Main by Eric Steuer on 9/17/09

Jimmy Wales is the founder of Wikipedia.

I had been watching the growth of the free and open source software
movements for a few years, and I was thinking about people coming
together and collaborating. What was really making that world possible
is that people devised these licenses that allow, for example,
programmers to share their work with other programmers, who could copy
it, redistribute it, and modify it. This licensing method took away a
lot…

Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to GOOD Main using Google Reader
favorite sites