[p2p-research] Open Everything MindMap - aligning OK with P2P

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 10:21:01 CEST 2009

Hi Suresh,

here's is attempt to address your important questions, below, see the
original formulation from 2005 as well

To better understand the P2P Initiative, I am wondering if it would be
possible to outline the following:

*P2P Foundation Super-Ordinate Goal:* What is you highest and most inclusive
goal for P2P?
*

The most important goal of the P2P Foundation is to contribute to the advent
of a type of society that enables more peer to peer relationships, and which
combines free sharing of knowledge and culture, a civilisation operating in
balance with nature, within the context of social justice. We desire a
society which maximises both freedom and equality, without sacrificing one
for the other.

*
*P2P Foundation Sub-Ordinate Goals*: What intermediate goals (milestones)
are necessary to accomplish your larger objective (s).

- to research and promote peer production, peer governance and peer property
modalities in every sphere of life

- to research and promote open and free, participatory, and commons oriented
social practices

- to internetwork social forces interested in the same

- to promote the advent of more distributed infrastructures in every area of
human life

**
from http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Foundation:About

*The Foundation for P2P
Alternatives<http://p2pfoundation.net/The_Foundation_for_P2P_Alternatives>
* would address the following issues:

   - P2P currently exists in discrete separate movements and projects but
   these different movements are often unaware of the common P2P ethos that
   binds them

   - thus, there is a need for a common initiative, which

   1. brings information together;
   2. connects people and mutually informs them
   3. strives for integrative insights coming from the many subfields;
   4. can organize events for reflection and action;
   5. can educate people about critical and creative tools for world-making

   - the Foundation would be a matrix or womb which would inspire the
   creation and linking of other nodes active in the P2P field, organized
   around topics and common interests, locality, and any form of identity and
   organization which makes sense for the people involved

   - the zero node website, i.e. the site of the P2P Foundation, would have
   a website with directories, an electronic newsletter and blog, and a
   magazine. It aims to be one of the places where people can interconnect and
   strengthen each other, and discuss topics of common interest.

Michel Bauwens <http://p2pfoundation.net/Michel_Bauwens>, November 29, 2005

**