[p2p-research] Revisiting The Replicator Analogy: How Infinite Goods Create More Jobs

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 02:07:41 CEST 2009

On 9/12/09, Ryan <rlanham1963 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Revisiting The Replicator Analogy: How Infinite Goods Create More Jobs
> via Techdirt by Michael Masnick on 9/11/09

>  This is what's happening in the music industry, and starting to happen in the publishing industry.  Some parts of the industries are finding their functions obsolete.  Instead of looking at the money they could save with electronic distribution, and what good use they could put that money to, the industry is seeking new laws and regulations to limit the infinite supply so business can continue as usual.

I strongly agree that this would make life better for most people, but
I doubt that it would increase jobs.  Jobs, really, are just a means
to an end.  The point of the job is consumption.  I think abundance
will reduce the amount of total consumption needs that must be paid
for through work at "jobs."

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism