[p2p-research] BBC NEWS | EU proposes climate risk billions

Paul D. Fernhout pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com
Thu Sep 10 16:20:57 CEST 2009

"""
The European Commission says the EU should provide $2-15bn each year to help
poor countries protect themselves against impacts of climate change. The UN
estimates that poor nations will need about $100bn (£60bn) per year for
climate adaptation, with much of that coming from levies on carbon trading.
... Campaign groups say the sums are less than the EU ought to be spending.
"""

Should not some of that go to support peer-to-peer activities creating an
open commons of ideas and technologies that materially poor countries can
all draw from and contribute to, to help make those changes? Things like
Appropedia?
   http://www.appropedia.org/
"Appropedia is the site for collaborative solutions in sustainability,
poverty reduction and international development. Appropedia helps us sustain
our world. Learn more at our Mission page. "

--Paul Fernhout
http://www.pdfernhout.net/