[p2p-research] openeverything map

christopher macrae chris.macrae at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 9 12:23:36 CEST 2009

About a decade of my life was spent making maps with factor analysis so I would like to check commonalities of approach

what I see on this map is about 8 group names (factors) each comprising 3 or 4 attributes -let's say that's 30 attributes

1 questions how were the attributes decided on

2 how were the factors grouping of attributes identified

factor approach comparison

research users of open -make wide list of attributes which might have 100 attributes

use coding list methods to find eg 30 attributes which most capture with least redundancy of meaning the 100

put these into a survey which might ask people to give attribute scorings to various things they use that range from open to close

then factor analyse attributes to see which go into which group names