[p2p-research] Statistics on rate of profit? (was: Re: What's different about...)

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 19:54:53 CEST 2009

On 9/8/09, Christian Siefkes <christian at siefkes.net> wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
>  Kevin Carson wrote:
>  > It's also noteworthy that the average rate of
>  > profit, decade by decade, has been falling in the U.S. since the
>  > 1960s.  The rate of profit in the '90s and the 00s was at a record
>  > historical low since the 1930s.
>
>  Where did you get these statistics? I would also be interested in such
>  statistics for other countries (e.g. European), if you have them.

That was sloppy editing on my part.  I meant to say the rate of growth
in GDP has steadily declined from decade to decade since the 1960s.
It's from Fred Magdoff and John Bellamy Foster, "Financial Implosion
and Stagnation," in December's Monthly Review:
http://monthlyreview.org/081201foster-magdoff.php

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism