[p2p-research] Information Feudalism

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 16:40:42 CEST 2009

This is one altnerative use I have proposed also for OTEC plants in the warm
water ocean belts across the world.

Unlikely those would be non-corporate, but they could be reliable and low
cost.

Ryan

P.S. Stratellites ought not to cost more than a few million each.  Tech is
trivial...there are a few firms in the US working on them.  We've looked at
cargo airships.  They will be coming as fuel gets more expensive.

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 6:49 AM, Samuel Rose <samuel.rose at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Nathan Cravens<knuggy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hmm... so what would something like this cost before and after R&D?
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratellite
> >
> >  Nathan
> >

> Heh, that is an interesting question, as part of R&D would presumably
> be to see how low you might get the cost :-)
>
> I can imagine that at least a working system that could cover maybe
> 500 kilometers could have been made with just the PR budget, and
> combined salaries of the executives of that company discussed in the
> wikipedia article :-)

> Sam Rose
> Social Synergy
> Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
> Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
> skype: samuelrose
> email: samuel.rose at gmail.com
> http://socialsynergyweb.com
> http://socialsynergyweb.org/culturing
> http://flowsbook.panarchy.com/
> http://socialmediaclassroom.com
> http://localfoodsystems.org
> http://notanemployee.net
> http://communitywiki.org
>
> "The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human
> ambition." - Carl Sagan

Ryan Lanham
rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Facebook: Ryan_Lanham