[p2p-research] Distributed Currency Standards

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 18:54:39 CEST 2009

> Dante, Michel,
>

> Definitely. I was just trying to start a discussion *here* within this
> network about the specific topic of currency objects themselves. If
> that is off topic here I will take it to metacurrency

Also, honestly, their design doc and system seem to me to be heading
towards a very dense, and likely very complicated spec.
http://metacurrency.org/sites/metacurrency.org/files/docs/Design_for_a_Meta_Currency_Platform.pdf

My opinion is that this can be abstracted into simpler basic
specifications. The dynamics they are trying to standardize (such as
SGFL) are interesting, but are targetted in the end towards a limited
group of people. It's not necessary to include all of this stuff into
a spec for an distributed currency object (not that I am sure that
this is what they are actually doing, but it seems to be the direction
they are headed in).

> Sam Rose
> Social Synergy
> Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
> Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
> skype: samuelrose
> email: samuel.rose at gmail.com
> http://socialsynergyweb.com
> http://socialsynergyweb.org/culturing
> http://flowsbook.panarchy.com/
> http://socialmediaclassroom.com
> http://localfoodsystems.org
> http://notanemployee.net
> http://communitywiki.org
>
> "The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human
> ambition." - Carl Sagan

Sam Rose
Social Synergy
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552