[p2p-research] Michel; A question

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 17:41:21 CEST 2009

I have downloaded and used Cyclos to evaluate it. I have it run-able
on this computer that I am talking to you on right now

It is a little top heavy, but workable

I would recommend mapping out you own needs as if you were going to
have a system built from scratch, then seeing how closely Cyclos can
fill those needs. Cyclos in it's current state may force you to do
lots of stuff through the web that you don't want to do for instance.
Although, they do have some API's that could connect RFID readers, bar
coe readers and other data from external devices with Cyclos.

Cyclos is also tougher to host and maintain as it is coded in Java.
Likely would be tough to succeed in deploying without at least a VPS
with root access.

All of that being said, Cyclos is probably worth a thorough evaluation
for what I understand that you are trying to do

Sam Rose
Social Synergy
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451