[p2p-research] funding for distributed infrastructures?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 10:02:29 CEST 2009

Perhaps a possible source to try after we have our synergistic document on
collaborative platforms:

see item 2

----------------------

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 15:49:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Fennel Wolcott Doyle" <fennel at indigowaves.com>
Subject: [Networked Politics] Funding 4 Sustainable Planet &
    Democracy/Justice Projects: Open RFP
To: network at lists.euromovements.info

Threshold Foundation Announces its 2009-2010 Grant Guidelines
Please visit http://www.thresholdfoundation.org/ for detailed information.
Threshold invites you to review the guidelines of its 2009-2010 Core
Grantmaking Committees.
If your work fits the current cycle's funding priorities, please submit a
completed Letter of Inquiry (LOI) by September 25, 2009.  The application
process will be conducted entirely online, through the website.
About Threshold Foundation Grants
Threshold Foundation seeks to build a more just, caring, and sustainable
world as a legacy for all. Threshold Foundation serves the social change
movement through collaborating with and funding innovative U.S. and
international nonprofit organizations and individuals working towards
social justice, environmental sustainability, humane economic systems and
peaceful coexistence.
For 2009-2010, the following two core committees will review LOIs:
Sustainable Planet:  The Sustainable Planet Committee supports efforts to
transform both human culture and technology so that we may live within the
physical limits of the local and global ecosystems. This committee will be
accepting LOIs from organizations working in the following three focus
areas:
1.    The Climate Change focus area will support efforts to catalyze
cultural
and political action that will wake up the United States and the entire
world in time to address the catastrophic threat posed by climate change.
2.    The Community-based Solutions focus area will support organizations
employing practical, grassroots solutions to building a sustainable world.
3.    The Ecological Hotspots focus area will fund communities that, through
their cultural integrity, steward the natural environment for future
generations.

--
Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: