[p2p-research] Michel; A question

Nathan Cravens knuggy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 10:32:10 CEST 2009

Hi Matt,

Are you familiar with Kew Eco Village?
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=Kew+ecovillage&init=quick#/group.php?gid=88020757939&ref=search&sid=827336664.2453887916..1

>From what I can tell its mostly meshwork or spontaneous and emergent without
specific protocols; if but a general few. For this free association and
non-obligation to work in the long term it will need a solid technical
stigmergic structure to make sense of otherwise random bouts of foolishness.
I'm preparing to work with the fab lab and hackerspace communities to secure
build-in management structures that learn autonomously what works to keep
and what doesn't to alter, for example, newcombers can pick up where someone
else leaves off. This will ensure fruit from spontaneous activity and
prevent militaristic enclosure and destruction of these seed commons.

I plan on visiting this urban community to study what works. This is a
curious type which seems to want to be a back-to-the-land within the urban
itself; to meet all wants or needs within a small area in a communal way.

I'm really excited about this new experimental community model and delighted
to see you are pursuing something more structured, yet flexible, in this
way.

Nathan