[p2p-research] Remote Assembly, Economy, & Work For Its Own Sake

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 00:40:35 CEST 2009

Nathan, Ryan

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Nathan Cravens<knuggy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sam, Ryan
>
> 'Remote Self Assembly' describes something do-able today. We have yet to put
> the pieces together to create it in practice.
> http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ATsf-IaJ1pQxZGcyanpkZnRfMjk5ZGQ5azhyZ3E&hl=en

I will check it out thanks!

> Paul Fernhout. We need you in person at this workshop. Clearly, you can see
> why I'm asking you again. That is my final nag.
>
> I wrote paragraph after paragraph, but it wasn't good enough, so I will now
> go to sleep and return to this discussion when I am better able.
>

> Nathan
>
> P.S. Ryan writes: "The people who wave their hands and say we can just throw
> away carefully worked out ideas are amusing but not very helpful."
>
> I'm assuming here you are indirectly insulting what I previously wrote. The
> uncertainty of this I find most aggravating (after I read it, but no longer)
> than if you had used my name, because you are not directing that demeaning
> comment to any particular individual, but you are still evoking a rhetorical
> slam that seems to describe what I wrote. This is not polite whether you
> admit to insulting what I have written generally or not. It is a very poor
> use of our time to play implied insult games and in action invite the
> terrain for more insult that we must put aside to create something better.

Ryan may have been referring to me. Plus, we are covering so much
ground in our discussion, that it could have been confusing as far as
what we were saying/proposing/etc

Plus, I am the one who brought up economics, so you can all blame me! :-P

Anyway, it was a good discussion, and I assume Ryan meant no harm.
You're both worthy  of much respect in my mind.

Sam Rose
Social Synergy
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451