[p2p-research] Film : ”Living Without Money”

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 11:58:38 CET 2009

<< In the film ”Living Without Money” we follow Heidemarie in her day-to-day
life, experience how she goes about to find work, food and a place to stay.
In addition to the day-to-day challenges she meets from living without
money, the film will also go deeper into explaining Heidemarie’s life
philosophy and why she has chosen to live this way.

The film will reflect around themes of materialism and over-consumption -
how money influences our way of thinking, living and acting – and the
consequences this has on our life, health and the environment. >>
http://www.livingwithoutmoney.tv/

http://www.livingwithoutmoney.tv/downloads/Pilot_august_09/lwm_110809_pilot-desktop.m4v

Heidemarie Schwermer (67) worked for many years as a psychotherapist and
teacher in Dortmund, Germany. Like most people around her, she spent most of
her time working and earning money in order to buy the things she needed -
and things she didn’t really need. As a psychotherapist she met many who
were depressed and frustrated, over-worked and with very little spare time.
Among the unemployed and poor she found that they often considered
themselves worthless.

Heidemarie got the idea to start an exchange circle, where people without
money could trade objects and favors. Through the exchange circle people
came in contact with each other in a new way. They felt useful and worthy,
and also appreciated the social aspect. After a while, Heidemarie decided to
do an experiment. She cancelled her flat, donated all her things to friends
and started a new life based on exchanging favors – without the use of
money. Her goal was to create a greater awareness of the relationship to
money and consumption.

---------

http://www.justfortheloveofit.org/

http://www.justfortheloveofit.org/blog-1125~how-do-you-see-money?