[p2p-research] "social entrepreneurship" Vs "vocational p2p" ?

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 14:24:51 CET 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> positive about s.e. is that it subsumes the corporate form and profit making
> to a social goal, it turns capitalism on its head as it were ... BUT, it is
> also usually confined to market making, to find business oriented ways of
> solving social problems, not commons oriented. But there is  no reason it
> can'be and I'm sure some project are. Many are also participatory and open
> in various ways, think about the community dynamics of the original
> grameenbank ...

There are social enterprises emerging around food, energy, and
technology production that would qualifiy as "commons" based. The
problem that I am seeing is that many simply do not understand commons
based approaches. We also lack ways of seeing and effectively
co-managing commons. This is where so-called "community" informatics
are useful. It is difficult to for many understand the many different
types of wealth and value that exist in our systems, when all of our
widely available metrics (and literacies) are attuned to money.

Sam Rose
Social Synergy
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451