[p2p-research] "social entrepreneurship" Vs "vocational p2p" ?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 13:12:57 CET 2009

positive about s.e. is that it subsumes the corporate form and profit making
to a social goal, it turns capitalism on its head as it were ... BUT, it is
also usually confined to market making, to find business oriented ways of
solving social problems, not commons oriented. But there is  no reason it
can'be and I'm sure some project are. Many are also participatory and open
in various ways, think about the community dynamics of the original
grameenbank ...

see also the recent article on the blog, on S.E. critique, pointing out that
only while males with mba's get funded, and the recently discovered
dishonesty of Kiva, which actually is not peer to peer aid at all ...  which
doesn't mean it doesn't do good things of course

pure p2p which filters out any other motivation than passion, is very close
to vocational work I would think, but you can also do your vocation through
S.E. which has the advantage of being sustainable, while p2p on its own, is
not ..

Michel

Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: