[p2p-research] CAD files at The PIrate Bay? (Follow up)

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 02:10:14 CET 2009

Sam, Kevin,

any chance to summarize/formalize the arguments against the use of patents
on this small-scale local manufacturing (though I find small scale
misleading, since what open manufacturing allows is the global scaling of
coordination and sharing of the knowledge and the designs)? I'm thinking of
an article: Why We Do Not Need Patents for Local  Open Manufacturing

Sam: I'm also interested in drawing out more precisely what you mean by
this:

- This is not a role based economy, it's an activity based economy

(I'm more familiar with the 'contributions' analogy so far)

Michel

Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: