[p2p-research] P2P Ideology

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 15:51:10 CET 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Samuel Rose <samuel.rose at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we have collectively come to a realization here (including
> what Michel  said):
>
> In p2p systems, it is the simple rules that tend to be fractal.
>
> On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Ryan Lanham <rlanham1963 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We need a Fernhoutian Flurry on Fractals.
>> R.

I also think that Michel's earlier message (and indeed the total work
of p2p foundation thus far) helps to display the plausible potentials
for how localized emerging systems can (and do) connect in useful ways

I think that as mass culture collapses, that the initial emergence of
localized systems may have so much enthusiasm for the empowerment of
local systems to people that previously lived under mass systems, that
it may actually temporarily exclude being highly connected (plus it
may have a short term focus with connecting individuals into the local
network). Yet, once local networks reach a carrying capacity, it'll be
a natural extension to connect them.

The models and theories that Paul Hartzog, Rick Adler and myself are
working on now (and will present in Manchester, along with actual
technology demonstrations) is applying a principle of "plurality" that
makes both localized individual and network to network connection more
highly available to more people and groups. this was a direct
extension of work in localized (food) systems

--
Sam Rose
Social Synergy
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com