[p2p-research] P2P Ideology

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 15:50:19 CET 2009

This would be interesting as a finding at a number of levels.  There is, for
example, fractal generating software.  Could one design a system to invent
new P2P designs?  What would be wrong with that thought?  Or would it be
generating sharing arenas?  Something here begs for a link to knowledge
management theory...people like Dave Snowden.

Also, could we uncover the fractal rules for existing P2P systems?
Wikipedia?

Some fractal rules(?):

1. Governance decisions are made close to the transaction
2. Sharers are the primary innovators, not the systems designers
3. Plans are impossible, but norms are essential
4. For a norm to be broken requires explicit justification

These are obviously not analytical, but just a thought.

Ryan