[p2p-research] barter software update

Matt Boggs matt at digiblade.com
Thu Oct 22 17:46:32 CEST 2009

In my long chat with Gary, we both looked at the historical model of
published LETS systems since the '80s and some other similar systems. We
concluded that in these  'paticipatory economies', the core group
(administrators, etc) would burn out after the membership reached 300-500.
We also concluded that creating connected 'pods' of 3-500 would keep the
system going but still be under one main database. Has anyone looked at the
links to the barter system yet that Gary runs ?

Matt