[p2p-research] Fwd: Hazel Henderson October 2009 Update

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 06:03:50 CEST 2009

HH focuses on non-GDP metrics and ethical business trends,

From: Richard David Hames <rdhames at richardhames.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Subject: Fwd: Hazel Henderson October 2009 Update
To: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

Begin forwarded message:

*From: *"Hazel Henderson" <hij_distribution at hazelhenderson.com>
*Date: *20 October 2009 1:08:15 AM
*To: *"Hazel Henderson" <hij_distribution at hazelhenderson.com>
*Subject: **Hazel Henderson October 2009 Update*

Dear Advisors and Colleagues,

Our current whirlwind of activity attests to the green economy becoming
mainstream, along with ESG and triple bottom line investing!  I am one of
the global vice-chairs of the Climate Prosperity
Alliance<http://www.ethicalmarkets.com/category/climate-prosperity-funds/>,
along with C. S. Kiang (China) and Lawrence Bloom (UK).  Founded by Dr. Marc
Weiss, CEO of Global Urban, this Alliance is a global network of financiers,
businesses, economists, development authorities, NGOs and scientists
promoting $10 trillion in investment in climate prosperity over the next ten
years -- much less than the over $14 trillion of financial bailouts and less
than 10% of the $120 trillion of global pension funds' assets. (More
at www.globalurban.org
Climate Prosperity <http://www.globalurban.org%20Climate%20Prosperity>.)

I am also a member of the Advisory Board of the Barcelona Consensus, an
innovative worldwide, online dialogue between culturally-diverse writers,
thinkers and activists on alternatives to today's dysfunctional global
economy (www.nova.cat ).

Our wonderful researchers Rachel Tubman and Timothy Nash, both with graduate
degrees in sustainability metrics and members of the Ethical
MarketsSustainability
Research Group <http://www.ethicalmarkets.com/category/emsrg/>, are
developing a Global Climate Prosperity Scoreboard® to serve the Climate
Prosperity Alliance.  The Scoreboard collates our daily Ethical Markets
reporting (see Climate Prosperity Funds, Green Tech, Energy
Efficiency<http://www.ethicalmarkets.com/>)
to provide at-a-glance metrics on the growth of private investments in
solar, wind, geothermal, renewables and energy efficiency so as to track the
accelerating growth of the green economy worldwide.

The Beyond GDP issue is now front page news!  I commented on Joe Stiglitz
and Amartya Sen's report to French President Sarkozy in an interview by
InterPress Service<http://www.ethicalmarkets.com/qa-stiglitz-sen-moving-in-the-right-direction-but-slowly/>
.
* *
*Advisory Board <http://www.ethicalmarkets.com/research-advisory-board/>
News*

*Tony Manwaring* of London-based Tomorrow's Company and *Richard Spencer* of
Britain's Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
are launching *Fritjof Capra*'s and my paper "Qualitative Growth" at the
House of Lords in London, November 11, 2009.   Sustainability Research Group
mentor *Jeana Wirtenberg*<http://www.ethicalmarkets.com/researchgroup/mentors/>
 organized my webinar presentation to Fairleigh Dickinson University, on
"Beyond GDP: Operationalizing Indicators of Sustainability and Quality of
Life" (streaming video at  this
link<https://hazelhenderson.webex.com/hazelhenderson/ldr.php?AT=pb&SP=MC&rID=9296872&rKey=7164794a5abe1a08>).
The  Ojai Forum on the New Economy, which I keynoted, was organized by
Advisory Board members *Stuart Valentine* with WBA President *Rinaldo
Brutoco*.  Advisory Board member *Linda Crompton* chairs the November
Orlando Boardsource Leadership Forum where I'm scheduled to speak.   Founder
 *Steve Schueth* invited me to write "Changing the Game of
Finance"<http://www.ethicalmarkets.com/2009/10/15/changing-the-game-of-finance/>
* *for the* *SRI in the Rockies 20th Anniversary, October 25-28th in
Tucson.  I was happy to footnote *Steve Viederman*, *Wayne Silby*, *Barbara
Krumsiek*, *Mindy Lubber* and *Matt Kiernan*'s outstanding work.  We publish
 *Ellen Hodgeson Brown*'s awesome articles regularly; based on her *The Web
of Debt*, Ellen has creative solutions for reforming global finance.  *David
Loye* is author of dozens of groundbreaking books, including *Measuring
Evolution*, and *Riane Eisler*, author of *The Real Wealth of Nations*, is
speaking, along with me, at the Economics of Peace
Conference<http://www.praxispeace.org/conference09.php>
 October 18-23.  My partner, *Alan F. Kay*'s new book *Eliminating
War<http://www.ethicalmarkets.com/2009/09/21/eliminating-war-alan-f-kays-offering-of-peace/#more-9914>
*, co-authored with Col. *Dan Smith*, which I edited, provides practical and
specific ways to reduce the likelihood, risks, costs and lethality of
current and future wars.  We are offering free review
copies<http://www.alanfkay.com/home/preview.shtml>
 of this book to interested parties and peace organizations.  Look for
current research, including that of *Bob Monks*,**on our Advisors'
Forum<http://www.ethicalmarkets.com/category/advisors-forum/>
 and notices of forthcoming publications, including *Susan Aaronson*'s *Trade
Imbalance: The Struggle to Weigh Human Rights Concerns in Trade
Policymaking<http://www.ethicalmarkets.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/world-bank-party.pdf>
*.  *Ashok Khosla*'s brilliant presentation at the Tallberg Forum is now at
www.EthicalMakets.tv <http://www.ethicalmakets.tv/> show 0265.  We are proud
of all the members of the Ethical Markets Advisory Board and grateful for
their wonderful work.

Finally, please help get our latest TV show, *The Money Fix*, on to your
local PBS stations!  Written and directed by Alan Rosenblith and edited for
television by me and Alan Foster, this one-hour special demonstrates the
flaws of the current money system and the many alternatives available.  You
can watch an excerpt at www.ethicalmarkets.tv show 0068.  Ask your local PBS
station to air the entire show.  We're making it available to PBS affiliates
at no cost, as a public service.

We love working with you all!

Warmest wishes,

Hazel

Ethical Markets Media, LLC;  www.EthicalMarkets.com
PO Box 5190, St. Augustine, FL 32085;  phone 904/829-3140,  fax
904/826-4194

Watch for our new TV special - *The Money Fix* - coming to PBS stations this
fall!

* *

--
Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research: