[p2p-research] Is the P2PFoundation a Shill for Proprietary Software?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 05:25:04 CEST 2009

Thanks Stan, for pointing out that this is a form of spam, it was not clear
to me that it was, and again, I forwarded out of concern for those readers
who live in precarious circumstances.

Again, it was not a suggestion to 'discuss' it, but to see if someone could
benefit from an income opportunity.

So what you say here, rings true:

<Looking back, I didn't make it absolutely clear that it was spam.  Now that
I have, I figure it's pretty uncontroversial that spam should not be
included in the P2PF research mailing list.  Michel probably just glanced at
it, not realizing it was a quasi-targeted spam.  We all miss stuff once in a
while in the attention arms-race.>

So, I will be more careful in the future, but I still think it is generally
useful to send out the occasional opportunity for funding, including
employment opportunities. The problem with doing this offlist is that it
favours only particular individuals.

As concerning the boundaries, in my view, it's about general p2p
developments, but also about caring about the community and its
sustainability.

I also agree with Stan's assessment that we are a pluralist platform, and
that the common ground is a general agreement about the preferential option
for p2p alternatives,

Michel

Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: