[p2p-research] Is the P2PFoundation a Shill for Proprietary Software?

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 19:46:01 CEST 2009

What does promoting user-subjugating software have to do with a
Peer2Peer economy?

Unless the users have access to (at least) the virtual sources of
production (source code in this case) - even if the user does not have
the skills to operate them (program in this case) - they are being put
into a hierarchy that gives undue power to those that withhold those
sources for the ultimate purpose of extracting more value (profit)
from the user than the real labor-value and other costs that were
inserted.

Withholding sources is unjust because is stops the users' freedom to
hire any qualified worker.

It is a strategy of monopolization that unfairly concentrates wealth
beyond what "the market" would be willing to pay for that same work
and resource usage.

How can the P2P Foundation not be aware of this troublesome issue, and
if they (you, Michel) *are* aware, then why are you not sensitive to
it?