[p2p-research] Fwd: VW's open and transparent Factory in dresden - Germany

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 11:54:07 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Samuel Rose <samuel.rose at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think Dante is right on about the factors. But, I was mostly
> suggesting that it is the model through which the factors are viewed
> that could be changed. I am advocating for a non-linear model.

I agree with you on this Sam.

By the way, what therm would mean "mutually defining factors" ?
A system ? or a "reality" ?

As I try to explain below, building on what you replied,
I look forward to

*"defining" different "social systems" according to the "mixture"*

----

I guess I was trying to break it down into "spectrum's",
or, as I newly learned through your comment, it might be more appropriate to
call them
"*continuum's*" ?

So *breaking down into linear continuum*'s to , afterwards, *enable a
synthesis o**f** combinations* of ( ever changing and evolving ) *positions
on such continuum*'s.

Using such position as a *factor* that is *subject to constant variation
based on its inter-dependency *( note : do we understand the protocols of
certain inter-dependencies ? )* with other factors*, creating a *
non-linear feedback-loop system* , with the potential for a *multi-dimensional
visualization , using each continuum as one additional dimension*.

---

I went through a quick web search, and wonder if " *Factor Analysis* " could
relate to such approach

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factor_analysis

although I feel that what we mention seems to be more of a *" Factor
Synthesis " *( therm used at present in the field of blood coagulation ) *,*
or as you note, of finding *" Patterns " along inter-dependent Factors ?*
*
*
*I am tempted to create such visualization of factors ( like a volume bar in
a graphical interface ) "defining" different "social systems" according to
the "mixture" of varying degrees along such factors.  Perhaps all those
inter-dependent factors could be used ... to set your favorite type of
governance ... *
*
*
*Would be nice to experiment this in some libre version of the civilization
game ( I remember playing that game when I was younger :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_(video_game)  ) , *
*
*
*Freeciv :*
*
*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeciv

Wouldn't it be cool to have some of the forms of governance and production
directly integrated into such games ?  Problem is that possibly the game
would not be played from a one "ruler/player" perspective anymore ? ... :-)

So it would need to be adapted into a "real game", as to play with all peers
... using a *"trans-personal" visualization* ?

But... hey !... thats what we are doing right now ?! :-)

We seem to have enough understanding through our combined collective
intelligence to start defining the rules/protocols of the modes of
governance and how they may interact with each other.  :-)

We could then integrate it in some kind of *meta-information system* based
on* human based computing* (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human-based_computation )
 - a bit like a *currency system* - ,
such as the one I attempt to design :

... Next time I will be asked about my career, I guess I can answer "I
started playing Civilization when I was 11, and never stopped since... " :-)

> Rather than infinite pontential single positions within a continuum
> line, any given person or other complex adaptive system will tend to
> have up to infinite potential positions across a potentially infinite
> field, who's focus is fixed on an identifiable point. All of these
> positions can also change over time, too, depending on the nature of
> the system. By looking at information about a complex system graphed
> this way, you can see emergent patterns, and the inherent patterns can
> help you think about how to further analyze the information about the
> system. This can help you create models of assumptions about the
> "simple rules", the dynamics on local scales that lead to emergent
> complex adaptive nature of the system you are looking at.

perfectly expressed ! Thats what I seem to like to visualize too !