[p2p-research] Elinor Ostrom, theorist of the commons, shares Nobel in Economics

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 17:07:18 CEST 2009

"Elinor Ostrom has challenged the conventional wisdom that common property
is poorly managed and should be either regulated by central authorities or
privatized," the academy said. "Based on numerous studies of user-managed
fish stocks, pastures, woods, lakes, and groundwater basins, Ostrom
concludes that the outcomes are, more often than not, better than predicted
by standard theories."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33275953/ns/business-stocks_and_economy

Stan, I know is a big fan.  I have been as well, particularly of her
research on trust.

--
Ryan