[p2p-research] Fwd: VW's open and transparent Factory in dresden - Germany

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 16:47:32 CEST 2009

Hi Sam,
yes, and yes :-)

although initially I did not mean it to be a debate on my own motivations
and situation ,
but simply some comments encouraging to visualize and position ourselves
along such inter-related spectrum's,

as I notice that there may be differences in vision we ( some people on this
list ) may be building on according to these various spectrum's.

For example, Paul or Nathan mentioning increased automation, in certain
contexts, ...

And yes, I imagine we can also use such spectrum's to position not only our
visions, but our current situations :-)

I wanted to use such spectrum's not to limit ourselves into a linear form,
but to use various linear forms to position them on a multi-dimensional
map/graph of such gradual spectrum's, and also understand the non-linear
relations between these spectrum's ...

So I believe it can resonate with what you seem to express in your last
reply Sam :-)

As for replying in relation to me, here goes ( for anyone interested in
knowing a bit more about Dante :-p  )  :

---

I also believe that there is no lack of "work".
It all depends how one defines "work".

When I was younger, at school, I asked myself why "the news" was constantly
worried about "lack of work" when I saw so many things that needed to be
done.  So I understood their concern was about "paid work".  On the other
hand, I could see that there was so much money in the social background in
which I grew in. ( not my parents, but the parents of the kids I went to
school with ). I understood it was an issue of decision making and power.
Today, I understand its about artificial scarcity through , for example,
money hoarding; a need for constantly growing the monetary mass through debt
as to pay for formerly created debt ( principal ) plus the interest ,
through creating new markets, as to avoid collapse , requiring growth,
including speculative growth ( bubbles ), but only if it leads to increased
profits and power for the ones that already have power and money.  An
economic system at the service of the status quo of the structures of
power.

And so my own question becomes :

When power structures who have access to monetary creation ( through debt )
will have their needs satisfied without needing to pay a majority of the
population , how can the ones outside of the needs of a monetary system
servicing the power structures best reclaim inter-dependence

---

As for "paid work", yes, its a lot about "effective communication",
"selling" our work to individuals or organizations that have access to
resources ( including, as you say, non monetary resources ) , organizations
of individuals that may see an interest in it.

I guess this is how I was given the laptop computer on which I currently
write.

But I do not see this as a structural solution.

There are various approaches...

I believe in support at the level of peers...

I want to participate in the development of a radical solution, by trying to
envision and implement a software supporting human based computation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human-based_computation

Although I am not a programmer, I am thinking about this kind of solution (
draft ) :

http://cashwiki.org/en/DebttoIntention

As for me, my motivation , and my living strategy, after spending several
years of roaming around by hitch hiking,

is to re-converge locally, building up social networks and capital locally,
continue learning and connecting people interested in collaborating locally,
increasing autonomy through distributed inter-dependence,
and inspiring myself from what you are doing.

As I re-establish myself locally, I have more stability to find out about
funding opportunities, and potentially create local partnerships to fund
raise.  This mailing list and all the converging work and inspirations from
the people on this list can empower me in setting up a clear vision for
implementations at various levels of abstraction :-)

Greetings from Brussels :-)
Dante

http://hitchwiki.org/en/Dante