[p2p-research] Fwd: VW's open and transparent Factory in dresden - Germany

Nathan Cravens knuggy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 02:12:32 CEST 2009

Soundbyte: 'Technological unemployment via elderly crisis'
Crisis forces Japan's elderly out of retirement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyH2d0qXcJw

When a culture believes in a career ethic and the competition is too great
to meet the standard:

Economy woes drive up Japan suicides
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV7znHv0OE0&feature=channel
*
*
http://groups.google.com/group/openmanufacturing/browse_thread/thread/5a1623fe018c0862/8e81f64c4b18a97b?lnk=gst&q=Free+Markets+%26+Free+Use+Commons#8e81f64c4b18a97b
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV7znHv0OE0&feature=channel>""
Due to rapid birthrate decline, the 'Information and Technology Research
Initiative' (IRT) was organised to meet these particular future demands.
According to IRT's 'Basic Organisation of IRT Research Initiative'[2], by
2025, 4.27 million workers will be needed in Japan: many of them to care for
elderly; others to replace the jobs the elderly once occupied. By 2050, at
present birth rates, nearly half of Japan's population will consist of
elderly. By this time the United States and Europe will have demographics
issues similar to that of Japan decades earlier. This means that free
markets in response to productive demand is inappropriate in the long run.
Backed by the University of Tokyo and a plethora of corporate sponsorship,
IRT intends to meet demands with the deployment of 3.53 million general
purpose robots. Based on this information, it does not require much economic
imagination to recognize that if general purpose robots are made to perform
"the problem of insufficient labor," and we hope for obvious reasons the
practices of producing these devices become public knowledge, the need for
labor at all and the work ethic itself will come into further question.
""

Go Fernhoutian on dat ;p

Nathan