[p2p-research] Fwd: VW's open and transparent Factory in dresden - Germany

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 12:58:39 CEST 2009

Paul :

> Anyway, by the above analogy, we should be able to all work two hour days
> if demand is limited back to 1950s levels.

a german friend ( hes nickname is "Darwin Dante" ) argues that 5 hours a
week of work are enough :

http://www.5-stunden-woche.de/index.2htm.htm

although if I understood properly, hes argument goes towards reducing the
number of hours each of us works, to enable all to have access to ( paid )
work... :-o

the google translation from hes german version seems to be more precise :

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=y&u=http://www.5-stunden-woche.de/index.1htm.htm&sl=de&tl=en&history_state0=&swap=1

---

I also feel like comparing hes argument with "Intermediate Technologies"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appropriate_technology#Intermediate_technology
*
*
*" **Proponents argue that such items can be easily purchased and used by
poor people, and according to proponents can lead to greater
**productivity*</wiki/Productivity_(economics)>
* while minimizing **social dislocation* </wiki/Social_alienation>*. Much
intermediate technology can also be built and serviced using locally
available materials and knowledge. This intermediate technology is conducive
to decentralization, compatible with the laws of ecology, gentle in its use
of scarce resources, and designed to serve the human person instead of
making him the servant of machines. "*

although Darwin Dante's examples include high productivity technologies, and
might perhaps not solve the social dislocation issue.

---
*
*
*It seems to me that p2p open manufacturing is a form of **intermediate /
appropriate technology*<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appropriate_technology#Intermediate_technology>
*.*