[p2p-research] How effective is the flu shot? (vitamin D)

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 20:15:47 CEST 2009

No one yet has a theory as to why Vit D works on flu.  Of course it most
likely is something to do with calcium channels in cells, but we don't know
how or why yet.  It is widely understood it has major influence on heart
disease, breast cancer, bowel cancer, bone density, and several other
cancers.  It has emerged as sort of the "real" vitamin C...which was hyped
for a decade based on Linus Pauling's early understanding of anti-oxidants
and their implications.  C is good too, but has nowhere near the health
benefits of Vitamin D3 which if regularly supplemented would probably cut
national health costs by 20% (and that number is widely circulated and
discussed--some say as high as 25%).  D3 is not an anti-oxidant, but rather
is really best described as a hormone.

Indeed I would go so far as to say that if an adult did no other thing to
aid their health, the science suggests that taking 4000-8000 IU of gelcap
(not solid) Vitamin D3 ...not D2, is about the best thing you can do for
yourself and it will cost less than 1/4 of a US dollar a day.

The blogs I read on this include Animal Pharma, hyperlipid and few others if
you have any interest.  Anyone interested in diabetes, Omega 3s, low carb,
high saturated fat diets (especially plant based)...I'm the guy.  Email me
on the side.  I am very current with what multiple sides are saying on these
topics and there are some wonderful wonderful blogs.