[p2p-research] Open Everything: A Global Conversation about the Art, Science, and Spirit of...

Ryan rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 22:53:43 CEST 2009

  Sent to you by Ryan via Google Reader: Open Everything: A Global
Conversation about the Art, Science, and Spirit of ‘Open’ via
Open.Michigan Blog by Susan Topol on 10/8/09

Please join us on October 30th for Open Everything: Ann Arbor. We are
one of several locations hosting this worldwide event, during which
participants take part in a global conversation about the art, science
and spirit of ‘open’. Open Everything gathers people using openness to
create and improve software, education, government, media,
philanthropy, architecture, food systems, workplaces and the society we
live in. It’s about thinking, doing, and being open.

Hosted by the Open.Michigan Initiative, Ann Arbor’s event will provide
an evening of discussions around the ways that openness, collaboration,
and participation are unfolding in our area and relate to the
businesses, organizations, and networks we are a part of.
Representatives from the Creative Commons, University of Michigan
Copyright Office, Scholarly Publishing Office, a2Geeks and other local
activists and entrepreneurs will be among the many individuals helping
to launch this event. It’s an opportunity to connect with people who
value openness—a chance to collaborate with the people involved in or
creating projects and initiatives that are charting the trajectory of
open here in Ann Arbor and beyond.

If you value transparency, openness, access to information, strong
communities, and sharing and have project ideas or other examples of
where this ‘open’ ethos exists in our community, we look forward seeing
you here!

Event Details: