[p2p-research] Fwd: [opennetcoalition] Public Consultation on Post-i2010

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 20:32:55 CEST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wouter Tebbens <wouter at freeknowledge.eu>
Date: Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 12:53 AM
Subject: [opennetcoalition] Public Consultation on Post-i2010
To: opennetcoalition at laquadrature.net

Dear all,

as you might know the EC is running a Public Consultation on the policies to
be developed for post-i2010 in the context of the information society.

Here's their questionnair, you have until this Friday (9/10/9) to have your
voice heard. Let it be a strong collective voice!

http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/eeurope/i2010/pc_post-i2010/index_en.htm

You can answer parts or all of the questionnair. Here's an example from
the answers I put in (quickly, I'm sure you can do better!)

See here: http://freeknowledge.eu/wiki/index.php/EC-Post-i2010-Consultation

or below.

It costs some time, although most questions are optional so you can skip
whatever you don't feel like answering.

best regards,

--
Wouter Tebbens
--

Jérémie ZIMMERMANN - La Quadrature du Net wrote:

> I agree that it is very important to answer to this consultation. Our
> answer is already underway. One can answer only to one question, or
> many, or all of them, so it can be done either very quickly, or as a
> long-term, very detailled project.
>
> But even more important will be to give publicity to the answers. To
> collect all the good answers and show sign of a civil society that is
> concerned by those aspects, has a vision and clear propositions.
>
> Yay!

> Wouter Tebbens wrote:
>
>> here's a link to the complete questionnaire in PDF:
>>
>> http://www.kletskous.com/2009/09/15/help-consultatie-eu-over-nieuwe-strategie-europese-informatie-maatschappij/
>>

>> you'll notice how coloured the questions are. Nevertheless some parts
>> give opportunity to give critical feedback, and make clear we need for
>> example: Net Neutrality and Open Standards (question 4.8), on
>> Digitisation of Cultural resources (6.8), openness as a global issue
>> (7.1) etc.
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Wouter
>>
>> Wouter Tebbens wrote:
>>
>>> Today I was informed of a Public Consultation by the EC, about the new
>>> EU strategy for the information society, as the current i2010 strategy
>>> is coming to a close this year. You might have been informed before,
>>> in any case it slipped my attention.
>>>
>>> Apparently this consultation has been low publicised, as it has been
>>> open from 4 August and runs *until 9 October 2009*.
>>>

>>> http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/eeurope/i2010/pc_post-i2010/index_en.htm
>>>

>>> They also organise a hearing, next Wednesday in Brussels:
>>>
>>> http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/eeurope/i2010/pc_post-i2010_hearing/index_en.htm
>>>

>>> The topics and questionnaire are here:
>>> http://ec.europa.eu/yourvoice/ipm/forms/dispatch?form=posti2010
>>>
>>> 1) ICT for a growth and jobs agenda
>>> 2) ICT for a sustainable 'low carbon' economy
>>> 3) Improving Europe's performance in ICT research and innovation
>>> 4) High speed networks, open internet
>>> 5) Consolidating the online Single Market
>>> 7) Strengthening EU's role in the international ICT arena
>>> 8) Making modern and efficient public services available and
>>> accessible 9) Using ICT to improve the quality of life of EU citizens
>>>
>>> These are *our* topics! We might join efforts and tell them what we
>>> want. What do you think?
>>>
>>> best,
>>>

> - --
> - ---  La Quadrature du Net --- http://www.laquadrature.net