[p2p-research] Obama open to newspaper bailout bill - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 15:17:08 CEST 2009

For whatever it is worth, I hold the same view as Kevin on this.  I see no
advantage to the large organizations.  I believe bloggers will go to war
zones, will do long, drawn-out feature-like articles, etc. if there is a
demand and a use for such work.  As it is now, I prefer my news in a collage
of snippets...something I learned in the finance industry where it is
standard.  First, you act on your gut, then you research more...and form a
strategy.  Politicians, I find, are starting to act the same way.  The way
news is used is no longer a 1 day cycle that newspapers need.  I think it is
the timing ecology that has killed them.

Ryan