[p2p-research] p2p giving

Paul D. Fernhout pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com
Mon Oct 5 20:58:31 CEST 2009

Tomas Rawlings wrote:
> [Paul Fernhout wrote:]
>> So, then we will see more charitable spending on community (outside of
>> churches with creedal tests), or we'll see more spending on more types
>> of social media or more spending on new types of physical infrastructure.
>>

> There is an embryonic plan here in Bristol to create some kind of a
> local p2p media foundation to raise funds, do research and enable p2p
> solutions to media.  I'll keep you all posted about that.
>
> Also a plug for a p2p-type charity microfinance organisation set-up by a
> former colleague of mine...
> http://www.deki.org.uk/

To be fair, on reflection, many organizations have implicit creedal tests,
maybe even p2p mailing lists. :-)

Related to giving:
"Giving makes us happy: The longest-running study of our time shows that
helping others leads to a beautiful life."
   http://www.odemagazine.com/doc/46/giving_makes_us_happy/

--Paul Fernhout
http://www.pdfernhout.net/