[p2p-research] Moving to blogging: Wordpress vs. Movable Type vs. other?

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 16:07:23 CEST 2009

Funny, I had heard from a very strong AI coder that Wordpress is elegant,
well-written and secure. A fellow I work with every day agrees/finds Drupal
very flexible but slow and cumbersome and a security problem.  I've seen
most pros switch to Wordpress over the years.

I too am thinking of starting up a blog, but my coding days are past I
suspect.  It's a young person's sport.

Ryan

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 4:08 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 04, 2009 at 05:02:18AM -0400, Paul D. Fernhout wrote:
> > Well, Drupal and other things seemed mighty nice, but I decided to try
> > Wordpress for a while (in part because Michel is using it for the
> > p2pfoundation blog).
>
> Both Drupal and Wordpress are poorely written, and are high-maintenance
> security-wise. In case it's not hosted with professionals taking good
> care and feeding of it, and you don't want to spend most of your time
> tracking bugs and patching instead of writing, I would consider something
> else.

Ryan Lanham
rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Facebook: Ryan_Lanham