[p2p-research] bias in sci-fi

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 11:50:13 CEST 2009

Peter Hamilton's Neuronal Alchemy trilogy is superb ...

I also strongly recommend Hyperion, with very similar theme

very much recurring, bio-enhanced and mechanically-enhanced lifeforms,
competing with each other ...

for hamilton, it's the adamists (mecha) vs. edenists (bio); for dan
simmons,it's humanity vs. the Outers, with secret AI conspiracies in between

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Tomas Rawlings <tom at fluffylogic.net> wrote:

>  It's not that great of an insight but it occurred to me that science
>>> fiction is highly biased toward life as we know it playing a continuing
>>> and
>>> central.  A life of cells and electro-chemical processes.  There is no
>>> need

Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: