[p2p-research] shots in the dark/p2p article

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 06:08:37 CEST 2009

Hi Ryan,

There is a lot of scientific evidence supporting the possibility of
faith-based healing. For example, in Lourdes, there is a special office,
staffed by non-catholic doctors and with stringent procedures, including a
advocate of the devil .... They have documented several dozens of cases over
the years

Of course, that doesn't mean it's the particular saint, and that he 'really
exists', but it does indicate that the body-mind has certain powers which
can be unlocked in certain circumstances ... (You may want to check out the
Future of the Body, by Michael Murphy, an extraordinary compendium of proven
above-average feats and abilities that have been scientifically documented
...)

The problem is that you cannot rely on it, it's a haphazard occurence and
cannot replace medicine ... but if you have faith, it's going to be a useful
adjunct ... My point is that it's best to have an open mind and to use both
scientific medicine (including homeopathy, osteopathy, herbal traditions and
acupuncture, which are all evidence-based, the problem is that their
theories don't fit, so they "can't be true" for those holding mechanistic
and symptom-oriented views of science) and non-traditional healers,
especially if dealing with grave illness.

My ex-wife had the Sudeck syndrome .. she went to many doctors and her leg
had become transparent ... after 6 weeks, the doctor put on a metal
contraption as the last step before amputation .. still no progress ... this
woke us up from our faith in that type of medicine and so we asked around to
find healers .... Her mother recommended a healer using photographs at a
distance ... I had zero belief in it, but we were desperate ... Over the
phone, he recommended a visual meditation regarding her leg ... That night,
the ulcers bursts, 2 days later, she was walking again, and the 4th day ...
she was dancing ...

That healer provided a trigger I guess, which allowed the bodymind to begin
its own healing process

By the way, I guess you know this, but there is a positive correlation
between the use of non-traditional medicine and educational levels ... the
higher education level, the more people rely on complementary medicine ...

Michel