[p2p-research] Again on mailing lists, was: Post-Depression first: Americans get more money from government than they give back | csmonitor.com

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 21:56:08 CET 2009

I've used Thunderbird for the last couple of days.  I sure miss GMAIL.
Thunderbird is slower, clunkier and, even with add-ins, just doesn't have
the features of GMAIL.  The experiment isn't over.  I'm trying to convince
myself I'm biased.  I am told 20x thousand people front Gmail with
Thunderbird each and every month...so there must be a reason.  So far, I
can't say what it is.  The Thunderbird reader for RSS is positively
primitive compared to Google Reader.  I feel like I lost 5 years of
technology.

I don't want to argue it or go into the details...others may reasonably
vary...these are first impressions based on 2 days and a strong bias toward
having liked Gmail and Google Reader...and by the way, I use Firefox 90% of
the time...though Chrome (which is faster and cleaner) more and more.

Ryan