[p2p-research] Pooled Fund Project update

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 14:31:24 CET 2009

Sam:

This is interesting (and great!).  What do you think it is (or would be
called)...a contract?  A...what?  In the world of organizations one would
have a partnership agreement which would be contractual.  Here it is more a
pledge.

The point I am trying to get at is that this a sort of new P2P thing...like
a formal promise without legal weight.  I wonder if this is a general sort
of development in P2P organizations?

In open organizations and commons, there must be a capacity to plan and to
set expectations.  However, these are more promises than something that
binds.  Binding promises entail a certain ethos...or a reputation for
trust.  Could such an action occur rapidly and ad hoc without such locally
binding moments of trust?

Sorry, just having an organizational theory moment...and congratulations on
what seems a productive path and an innovative approach.

Ryan

Ryan Lanham
rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Facebook: Ryan_Lanham