[p2p-research] Post-Depression first: Americans get more money from government than they give back | csmonitor.com

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 03:44:53 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 9:38 PM, Ted Smith <teddks at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-11-28 at 12:26 -0500, Ryan Lanham wrote:
>>
>>         Kevin, Ryan: is there a way to automatically cut-off replies
>>         at a certain length, that would save from the tedious manual
>>         deletion process that Marco seems to advocate?
>>

>> I don't think so.  We can force emails of a certain size to be
>> approved...but that's tedious.
>>
> Presumably, this would cause approval to happen only once every few days
> or something like that, which would then strongly encourage people not
> to post such long messages, which is the point, isn't it?

Incidentally: This whole problem is in part the premise of Google
Wave, in that it makes it easier to co-build threaded discussion over
time (which is itself co-editable into actual documents).

I am working now on a bot that can uniformly archive/sync and store
independently of Wave.

Might eventually be worth thinking about a future migration to either
Wave, or open source software such as wagn, or other tools that can do
both threaded and co-editable discussion (once developments allow for
alerting people in some useful way across networks about relevant
content, perhaps).

Sam Rose
Social Synergy
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552