[p2p-research] Again on mailing lists, was: Post-Depression first: Americans get more money from government than they give back | csmonitor.com

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 18:00:01 CET 2009

Hi Ted,

I was referring to your complaint that too many people respond, and that
this is intimidating.

My answer is that I don't see how to police responses so that this could be
solved in any practical way.

As communities grow and evolve, they create their own culture and norms, and
latecoming people have to adapt to this, which isn't always easy. As long as
it is not done on purpose as part of an exclusionary strategy ...

Volunteer projects do not generally have a staff which can adapt its
communication to various audiences, it's, if you like, non-strategic
communication.

So as far as I'm concerned, you've done the right thing, you jumped in
anyway <g>

Michel

Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: