[p2p-research] Again on mailing lists, was: Post-Depression first: Americans get more money from government than they give back | csmonitor.com

Ted Smith teddks at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 08:31:39 CET 2009

On Sat, 2009-11-28 at 08:32 +0700, Michel Bauwens wrote:

> As for the other problem you mention, that only certain people would
> respond, and others would refrain, I don't see that as feasible at
> all?
>
> Michel

I don't understand what you mean by this. Do you intend to say that you
do not think that making this list more accessible is a feasible goal?

All I really know about the purpose of this list is:

> p2p research is a mailing list that investigates the political,
> economic and social dimensions of peer-to-peer networks.

There does seem to be a very high volume of relevant content posted on
that topic, but most discussion seems to take place among a clique that
has a lot of internal knowledge for the purpose of making blog posts or
what-have-you. This may be the actual purpose of this list (generating
blog posts), and if it is this, not discussion of the political,
economic, and social dimensions of peer-to-peer networks, then I'll
gladly sit down and shut up and maybe tweak my filters to be more
aggressive about pruning large threads.

By the way, everyone, thank you for your concern, but I don't need to be
CC'd in mails because I am actually on this list and get every message
sent to it (to my knowledge). Doing so is a minor inconvenience, because
when I get the message from a CC instead of from the list, it doesn't
have the right headers for my filters to catch it, so I'd appreciate it
if people could just send to the list instead of to me, if it's all the
same.

thanks,

- Ted Smith