[p2p-research] the wikipedia decline

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 03:16:29 CET 2009

>Still, notability suggests pages not be there unless the microcommunity is
above a certain size. But, that is problematical, because without, say the
"Infinity Ltd." sci-fi society page I refer to that was deleted, how can I
join that community of editors? Or at least, viewers?
There are 3 scenarios here, the original wikipedia philosophy, i.e. let the
article exist and it will be irmproved over time, here, it can exist, and it
can improve

2: it's deleted, it does not exist, cannot be improved

3. it's threatened by deletion but you don't agree: you need to mobilize,
which is a high treshold activity, this means a lot of threatened pages will
be deleted anywa, same as scenario 2; or, in case of mobilization, it will
exist, but the whole process discourages wider participation because it is
so demanding in time

> How can we do an experiment about what strategy gets the most or best
participation by some standards?
the experiment has been done, the deletionist won, and partcipation
massively declined after installation of deletionist rule and power,

Michel

Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: