[p2p-research] Post-Depression first: Americans get more money from government than they give back | csmonitor.com

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 19:27:29 CET 2009

>  It is useless to argue technical reasons with people who made an
>  irrational decision that Email Is Dead (or Old-Fashioned).

If email is really dead, I guess I'll soon be as out of touch with the
rest of the world as the old folks currently waiting for snailmail
letters from the grandkids.

I don't do Facebook, because it's an enormous time-eater, and if I'm
going to do something that consumes the time of a job I'd rather it be
something I enjoyed rather than an emotional drain and timesink that
doesn't leave me with the time or energy to do something that matters
to me.

I don't do message boards.  Anything that requires me to regularly
visit some URL and keep track of a login (including blogs and
aggregators that require registration to comment), I'll probably stop
bothering with in a very short time.

For all the good Twitter does under special circumstances, in most
cases I think it's a silly waste of time--about like a syndicated
version of IM or texting.

I like email discussion lists because they bring the new stuff from
all my groups into one location.

What I read on a regular basis is what comes into my email in-box and
what's syndicated on my feed aggregator.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism